Friday, July 07, 2006
preparing for a long flight (part 2)
Further advancements in the packing up business:
- Following howto wikis such as this one is not totally useless. They even tell you about what sleeping pills you should be taking. Wouldn't want to be asleep while an accident happens (instead of snapping photos and blogging the incident!)
- Rolling up the shirts like a sleeping bag, instead of folding them does help save up space.
- looks like i need some headphones because I cannot find mine! The ones that they provide on the plane are pretty shitty according to past experience - so it's always better to buy new ones. I'll do that at the airport. Will also buy healthy sleeping pills there.
- Writing down stuff on papers. You know - papers never have battery problems. They don't die out - which is probably one of the reasons why they're still around. My internet tablet has a lot of info on it - but it will eventually die out. Actually, after 3 hours of use. So will my laptop. So it's important to write down email addresses, intructions on how to get to the hotel and telephone numbers on a piece of paper. I'm trying hard to think practical.
- Put the flight tickets and passport in an easily reachable place. Such as under a gargoyle statue in my room.